- Program Name
- Entry Requirement & Duration
- M.Sc Analytical/Environmental Chemistry
O’ level credit passes in Science subjects with English and Mathematics.
B.sc Chemistry/ related discipline on a minimum of second class lower division from a recognized University.
PGD in Chemistry or any related field at a minimum pass level CGPA of 3.00 on a 5.00 scale from any recognized Institution.
Evidence of NYSC/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian students
Full Time: minimum of three semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
Part Time: minimum of five semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Dissertation with three months Internship Inclusive.
1. Applied Spectroscopy.
2. Advanced Kinetics and Catalysis
3. Quality Assurance Quality Control
4. Spectro-chemical Methods of Analysis
5. Advanced Electro-analytical Techniques
- PhD Analytical/Environmental Chemistry
Five (5) credit level passes in chemistry, biology, physics, English and Mathematics.
Academic Masters in relevant areas with a CGPA of 4.0/5.0 and dissertation score not lower than 60%.
Candidates with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0 (less than 4.0/5.0)having satisfactory evidence of quality academic research Dissertation (a score of 60% and above) at M.Sc level will be admitted
Full Time: minimum of three (3) academic sessions and a maximum of five (5) academic sessions
Part Time: minimum of five (5) academic sessions and a maximum of seven (7)academic sessions.
1. Electronics/automation in chemical analysis
2. Aquatic and atmospheric chemistry
3. Advances in thermal methods of analysis
4. Environmental law and policy
Graduates of the course can gain employment with Government agencies, Consultancies, publicly funded research councils, food, materials, polymers, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical companies, hospital/public health laboratories, environmental agencies and petrochemical companies.