Microbial and Metal Analysis of Some Staple Food in Makurdi Township (A case study of Gari and Akpu) by Dr. Luter Leke and student
Thematic Area: Analytical Chemistry
Aim and objectives of the project:
The aim of the work is to investigate microbial quality and heavy metals contents of Garri and Akpu in Makurdi, Benue State with a view of establishing its safety for human consumption
The objectives of the study are:
1. To isolate and identify bacterial strains from Garri and Akpu Samples
2. To culture the isolated bacterial strains under different condition.
3. To isolate and identify fungal strains from Garri and Akpu samples
4. To culture the isolated fungal strains under different conditions.
5. To determine concentration of selected metals in Garri and Akpu samples.
6. Statistically compare the mean value of metals in Garri and Akpu samples using one way ANOVA