Post-Harvest Engineering & Technology
- Program Name
- Entry Requirement & Duration
- M.Sc Post-Harvest Engineering & Technology
At least a second-class honors degree in:
• Industrial Technical, Vocational Edu. & or Tech.
• Graduates of related disciplines in Engr., & Tech., who have in addition a PGD in Tech or its equivalent at credit level and above;
• HND who have in addition obtained a PGD in Tech., at credit level and above.3rd class degree in related discipline plus PGD in Edu., at credit level.
Evidence of NYSC/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian students
Full Time: - 24 Calendar months minimum
- 36 Calendar months maximum
Dissertation with three months Internship Inclusive.
1. Design for Environmental Control.
2. Cold storage and refrigeration.
3. Alternative energy Resources in Food Processing.
4. Farm Structures and Storage Facilities
5. Food Equipment Design and Construction
6. Advanced Computer Aided Design
7. Electrical/Electronic instrumentation in Food Processing
Experts in this field are needed as Field Extension Staff, Researchers, Plant Developers and Manager as well as General Entrepreneurs in the specialized Agricultural business of Food Crop Processing and Preservation.