Food Science Technology
- Program Name
- Entry Requirement & Duration
- M.Sc Food Science and Technology
O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and two other science subjects.
B.sc/PGD Food Science & Tech, Chemistry, microbiology and any other related discipline to a minimum of second class lower division of not less than 3.0 on a 5-point scale from a recognized University.
Evidence of NYSC/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian students
Full Time: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
Part Time: Minimum of five semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Dissertation with three months Internship Inclusive.
1. Statistical Research Methods in Food Science & Tech.
2. Advanced Food Processing Engineering
3. Advanced Food Microbiology
4. Food Product Development
- PhD Food Science and Technology
Masters Degree in Food Science and Technology with a CGPA of at least 3.5 on a 5-Pont scale.
A concept proposal not less than 5pages in applicant’s area of specialization/interest.
Full Time: Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
1. New Concepts in Food Processing
2. Special Problems in Food Science & Technology
3. Chemistry of Plant Food Products
4. Advanced Studies in Food Utilization
5. Food and Nutrition Policy
The M.Sc in Food Science and Technology is anchored on training middle and senior level scientists capable of working effectively in the food industry, food commodity research institutes, universities and other government establishments to address challenges related to food production; particularly in reducing food spoilage at postharvest periods. In addition, graduates of this programme can create self-employment and job opportunities for others as well as serve as manpower for emerging food industries.