CEFTER GRADUATES ONE PhD AND FOUR MScs
CEFTER recently graduated one PhD and four MScs at the completion of the 20128/2019 Academic Session. The affected candidates went through hours of rigorous intellectual drills at the external examination of their various works. The event held at the conference hall of the Post Graduate School of the University. The communications Desk tracked the candidates to the defense and harvested their individual details as reported below.
1. Name: Ichiko Chie Odeh (BSU/CEFTER/PhD/16/184) bagged a PhD in Organic/Natural Products Chemistry. Her Thesis examined the Effect of Bioactive constituents from (Dioscorea dumetorum) on some plant’s pathogens for control of Post-Harvest Losses.
2. Abichele Daniel (BSU/CEFTER/M.Sc./16/212) bagged an M.Sc. in Organic /Natural Products Chemistry. His dissertation examined the extraction, characterization and inhibitory Activity of essential oils on bacteria induced sweet potato (inpomoea Batatas) rot.
3. Adedoyin Oluwadamilola Ipadeola (BSU/CEFTER/M.Sc./16/218) bagged an M.Sc. in Food Chemistry. His dissertation examined the production and quality evaluation of Rice (Oryza sativa) meal fortified with African Yam Bean ( Sphenostylis stenocarpa)
4. Terhemba Philip Terwanger (BSU/CEFTER/M.Sc./16/238) bagged an M.Sc. in Food Chemistry. He examined nutrients and anti-nutrients profile of powered peels from commercial varieties of pineapple fruits.
5. Ada Olokpo (BSU/CEFTER/M.Sc./16/233) bagged an M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry. He undertook an assessment of human Health Risks of Toxic Heavy Metals in Common Fruits and vegetables consumed in Makurdi Metropolis.